Church Roof Updates
August 1 2018
The repair of all church roofs except the sanctuary will be started soon. The repair will be covered by insurance but will create some inconvenience for the congregation. There will be a great deal of activity around the building and safety is a primary concern.
· The actual repair work is scheduled to start August 6th.
· The work is expected to last 4-6 weeks depending on weather.
· We will lose use of our parking lot (east side of church) for the duration of the work. The parking lot will be used as a staging area for the work.
· We are hopeful to get the block between Dewey and Harney for our exclusive parking use during the week.
· Parking in the Kiewit parking lot is not affected.
· Weekday access to the building should be through the 36th street entrance.
· Weekend we can also use the south patio door or the handicap ramp.
· Courtyard not in use during the repair time.
· Community Gardens – access would be through the south gate.
· Thrift Shop – may be shut down during the project.
· Church Parsonage – will have parking limitation during the replacement of the Parsonage roof.
· Trash – our dumpster will be relocated, will let you know shortly.
· Church Van – parking will be relocated.
We will keep you advised of progress.
If you have any questions you can call Sam Pfeifer, George Hines, or Bernice Monbouquette.