August 24 2018
The repair of all church roofs except the sanctuary has begun. The repair will be covered by insurance but will create some inconvenience for the congregation. There will be a great deal of activity around the building and safety is a primary concern.
- The work is expected to last 4-6 weeks
depending on weather.
- We will lose use of our parking lot (east side of
church) for the duration of the work. The
parking lot will be used as a staging area for the
- We have reserved the block between Dewey
and Harney for our exclusive parking use during
- Parking in the Kiewit parking lot is not affected.
- Weekday access to the building should be
through the 36th street entrance.
- Weekends we can also use the south patio door
or the handicap ramp.
- Community Gardens – access is through the
- Thrift Shop – may be shut down at some points
during the project.
- Trash – our dumpster has been relocated.
- Church Van – parking has been relocated.
We will keep you advised of progress. If you have any questions you can call Sam Pfeifer, George Hines, or Bernie Monbouquette.